|Klouikloui, rings of fried peanut butter as served in Benin.|
In this blog it is used for European recipes from countries without their own page!
Kosie - Cowpea/black-eyed bean snack
1 cup/225 g cowpeas/black-eyed beans, cooked
1/2-1 onion, finely sliced
1 green chili, or 1 teaspoon chili powder
a few onion rings
1. First of all, mash the drained beans in a bowl using a fork.
2. Next add the onion and chili and mix well or blend to make a smooth paste.
3. When this is done, put in the egg, a little water and salt and beat for several minutes until the mixture is frothy.
4. In a heavy pan, heat enough oil to shallow-fry and then place spoonfuls of the mixture in to cook for a few minutes, turning once.
5. Drain and serve with sliced onion rings(cooked or raw), chutney or tomato sauce.
(Category: Starters, Snacks & Soups; Country: Ghana).